My blog posts often just cover new releases, but sometimes I post general-interest or developer-interest topics. Some highlights from 2016 included:
- The previous list of featured blog posts.
- Many posts related to Time Out 2.0, including the initial beta, discussion of beta development, culminating in the general release.
- A useful discussion of the innovative supporter options in Time Out 2.
- Answer to a FAQ about Time Out, how to play sounds and run scripts, including a handy video demo.
- Followup on how the Time Out 2 launch went, a month later. I should probably do a one-year-later followup in March.
- A critique of the Mac operating system: Apple's neglected OS. Fortunately the accounts and pasteboard issues have since been resolved, but the agent launching one is still a problem.
- A Time Out tip: adding to accessibility system preferences to enable idle detection, with a demo video.
- Developer topic, a workaround for the aforementioned accounts issue.
- Let's not forget about Simon: a tip on using the context filter.
- I had to shut down my PayPal store in 2016, due to a spate of fraud that cost me hundreds of dollars.
- Another Time Out tip, on finding and adding new sounds.
- Discussion of unlimited tests for everyone for Simon.
- A FAQ answer on the differences between the direct and Mac App Store editions of Time Out.
- 25 years of Dejal. Wow!
- Some tweaks to the Dejal website.
- After almost a decade hiatus, DejalNews is back! (Want to get occasional emails in your inbox? Subscribe!)
- People sometimes want to donate more to help support development or show appreciation.
- I made a new app, Date Stamp, customizable stickers for iMessage.
I hope you enjoyed these posts.