Simon icon Simon
Flexible server monitoring

Regular crashes with 4.1.1

I just get regular crashes with Simon 4.1.1 on OS X El Capitan, they occur when I click in the windows, either on test entries or icons on the left, or anywhere else.

It makes it very cumbersome to use, edit or do almost anything...
I sent back the form several times with no echo... ??
Re-installing altogether ( after deleting all files through cleanApp) fixes it for some time, but its' getting back to failing times fairly quickly...
Don't know if it conflicts with others ? But don't know why it should...

David Sinclair's picture

Re: Regular crashes with 4.1.1

Thanks for letting me know. I am monitoring the crash reports, looking for patterns or clues on issues. Any details you can provide on steps to reliably reproduce a crash would be helpful.

How can I send you a short video of the crash ?

here it si on youtube...

https://youtu.be/hUYY4wRr7A0

Hope you can see, I don't do anything special... Sometimes it's at the first click, sometimes not...

David Sinclair's picture

Thanks. That looks like the issue I tried to fix in 4.1.1; looks like there's still an occasional issue. I'll investigate.

David,

Any chance of seeing some progress ? It's a nuisance I'm just not able to get anything done in the window, cannot go from one monitored site to another one...

Am I on my own with this issue ? If so any hint on what could be interacting with Simon and creating this problem would be most than welcome, then I could prioritize at least...

Thanks

David Sinclair's picture

I can't reproduce a crash anymore.

Try selecting Activity or another view instead of Preview, and see if that prevents the crash. That was the scenario I tried to fix in 4.1.1.

Whenever it crashes, please re-launch Simon and submit the crash report, with all fields filled in, to help me trace the cause.

David,

Sorry I've been away from home for a few days, hence my delay in answering.
You're right. I happened to be able to switch to activity mode and then it wouldn't crash whatever I selected. After I switched back to Preview it crashed again, even attempting to select activities...
IF I manage to select it, I'll stick to that setting...
Sent a report with basically same info (missing was the bit about being cought back into preview)

Thanks

Got out from Preview after moving from Tests to Services and then clicking on Activities it didn't crash...
A bit tricky and difficult to rationalise, but working....