Portland, Oregon - Dejal Systems, LLC is proud to announce Narrator 2.0, the latest version of their popular text-to-speech utility for Mac OS X Leopard. At its basic, Dejal Narrator leverages the Mac's speech synthesis to read marked passages of a text document, utilizing specified voice attributes for each of the story lines' parts.
With a focus on ease-of-use, users can have a range of "actors" that can portray any number of "characters", so various passages of the document are spoken with differing voices, pitch, inflection, etc. Words are dynamically highlighted on-screen as passages are read out loud. Choose different voice, rate, pitch, and inflection, as well as volume levels for each character in the story. There are also a couple of silent read-along options for stage directions, or for users to read out their own parts.
To help users better organize stories, Narrator now supports multiple chapters in each document. It also offers a word replacement dictionary to fine-tune the pronunciation.
Dejal Narrator can now export stories as AAC sound files, or export them to iTunes. Users can listen to their stories on an iPod or iPhone, which makes Narrator particularly useful for creating audiobooks.
Version 2.0 is a major upgrade, offering many other appearance and functionality improvements:
* Adds an export to iTunes; complete with track attributes, including lyrics
* Also added an export to a AAC sound file
* Major redesign of the Narrator document window
* Adds support for multiple chapters in each document
* Changed the way speech changes are indicated; users can now insert markers in the text
* Added support for Spotlight and Quick Look
* New Dictionary preferences, allowing substituting words or phrases to better fine-tune the pronunciation
* Now a Universal Binary, leveraging Leopard technologies
* Plus several more improvements and fixes
English, German, French
* Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard or later
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 9.7 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
Dejal Narrator 2.0 is available as a single-user license for only $19.00 USD, and available as a full-featured demo. There are also Household and Site licenses available.
Founded by David Sinclair in 1991, Dejal Systems, LLC was originally established in New Zealand, and later moved to Portland, Oregon in 2001. With a sole focus on the Mac platform, Dejal specializes in user-friendly and flexible Cocoa-based utility software. Copyright 1991-2008 Dejal Systems, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Dejal, the Dejal logo, and Narrator are trademarks of Dejal Systems, LLC. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.
[Press release created via prMac.]