About the Release Notes
Want to know what has changed since a previous version? This page lists those changes. You can alter the range of release notes to display if you wish.
The latest release of QuickEncrypt is version 4.0.
(Release 1007): released 2006-01-25; requires macOS 10.3.9 or later
- Note: this is a complete rewrite of the old QuickEncrypt application, and currently lacks many of the features of those releases.
- QuickEncrypt is now freeware. You are welcome to use it at no cost.
- Fixed an issue with opening archives when first launching the app.
- Fixed a minor issue where the position and current page of the Preferences window might not be remembered if quitting with that window open.
- Added a confirmation sheet for the Restore Defaults function in the Preferences window. The confirmation can be disabled or enabled via the General page.
- Enhanced the preference to automatically start the app on login to remove any other copies of the app, in case you set it when the app was in a different location.
- Enhanced the Check for Updates feature to include the release notes of new versions, among other improvements.